Automation of the Value Chain using EH&S Information
For global corporations to better serve corporate customers (B2B) and end consumers (B2C)
Marketing and distribution are most important: Digital EHS information is a key driver
Companies focusing the most on market and distribution
Source: Digital McKinsey. Digital Reinvention: Unlocking the “how”. 01.2018
Increasing Supply Chain complexity with suppliers and customers located around the world
- The continuous increase in internet and mobile usage and increasing customer expectations for more efficient deliveries are growing requirements corporations face
- Corporate customers often expect 24 hour deliveries. Many supply chains, especially in more traditional industries, often do not meet these requirements.
The Supply Chain is one of the most cost-intensive business areas
- Innovative digital and automated solutions can make a significant difference to the supply chain performance
- A digital supply chain improves the customer experience so corporations can develop strong relationships with their global customers.
Digital connections for the end-to-end Supply Chain are needed to provide the corporation, suppliers and customers with full visibility of all supply chain functions
A digital Supply Chain can lead to significant efficiency improvements and cost reductions for the corporation
Key success factors to improve customer experience and the efficiency of the overall supply chain include:
- On-Demand is a proven success factor for customer engagement
- Personalisation to be used to form stronger customer relationships and loyalty
- Digital payment is becoming more flexible and can reduce costs for the corporation.
Digitising the end-to-end supply chain is a key objective. Here are steps to improve customer engagement and achieve efficiencies
- Introduce digital procurement tools, which connect the entire global supply chain
- Reach new customer groups
- Link the supply chain digital tools to the Shop App
- Use data insights to optimise the supply chain and reduce costs through
- Optimising forecasting and predictability and ordering quantities
- Transport efficiencies including network and transport optimisation
- Maximising utilisation and reducing wastage to develop a just-in-time operation
- Apply digital dashboards and 24/7 tracking.
Investing into supply chain efficiency improvements can provide the corporation with significant competitive advantages:
- Offering products and services to customers globally to meet customer demands
- Establishing new global markets and new customer groups
- Improving the customer experience and communication
- Strengthening customer relationships and fostering customer loyalty
- Achieving significant cost savings.
© 2019 coac GmbH